Thursday, July 20, 2006

The First and Hopefully Not The Last


The past beats inside me like a second heart.

When I left
Baghdad everything there was time frozen. The people that have passed away are still living in my memory, my friends are still attending second year of high school and most importantly Baghdad and the whole of Iraq is proceeding in this universe peacefully. What I see on the news is another city, another country and a whole different world that I do not recognise. The entire affair does not seem real to me as if it's a movie that will shortly end.

1 comment:

yoyoyo said...

It's a nice post, pretty expressing, you described the feelings of every Iraqi who left, and even the one who's still there, has the image frozen in your mind, let's hope it comes back to life soon enough ...